- Satra yagam was performed for 1000 years
- It was done by sounakadhi 80000 rishis in Naimisharanyam.
- In the evening bhagavth charithram was heard.
- Sutha pouranikar Ugrasravawas welcomed.
- Sutha puranikar was the son of Romharshnar.
- When Lord Balarama visited the place there was a great sacrifice being performed by a great assembly of transcendentalists.
- Such meetings were planned to last thousands of years.
- When Lord Balarama arrived, all the participants of the meeting–great sages, ascetics, brahmanas and learned scholars–immediately arose from their seats and welcomed Him with great honor and respect.
Unfortunately, after being worshiped and seated at His place, Lord Balarama saw Romaharsana, the disciple of Vyasadeva (the literary incarnation of Godhead), still sitting on the vyasasana.
- . He also observed that Romaharsana not only did not come down from his exalted seat, but he did not even stand up and offer his respects when Balaramaji entered the assembly. Lord Balarama did not like the audacity of Romaharsana, and He became very angry with him.
- When a person is seated on the vyasasana, he does not generally have to stand to receive a particular person entering the assembly.
- Bhagavatam that the topmost perfection of religiousness is to be engaged in the devotional service of the Lord.
After seeing the deficiency of realization in Romaharsana Suta, Lord Balarama decided to chastise him for being puffed up.
- At the death of Romaharsana Suta, everyone present became much aggrieved, and there was roaring crying. Although all the brahmanas and sages present there knew Lord Balarama to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they did not hesitate to protest the Lord’s action, and they humbly submitted the facts.
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead therefore solved the problem in a manner befitting His exalted position, and said, “Because the son is produced from the body of the father, it is the injunction of the Vedas that the son is the father’s representative. Therefore I say that Ugrasrava Suta, the son of Romaharsana Suta, should henceforth take his father’s position and continue the discourses on the Puranas,
The Supreme Personality of Godhead therefore solved the problem in a manner befitting His exalted position, and said, “Because the son is produced from the body of the father, it is the injunction of the Vedas that the son is the father’s representative.
- Therefore I say that Ugrasrava Suta, the son of Romaharsana Suta, should henceforth take his father’s position and continue the discourses on the Puranas, and because you wanted Romaharsana to have a long duration of life, this benediction will be transferred to his son.
- The son, Ugrasrava, will therefore have all the facilities you offered–long duration of life in a good and healthy body, without any disturbances and full strength of all the senses.” He Got the blessings of lord Balrama .
- to be continued…….
- Hare Krishna
Sou Ugrasrava continued to lead many Satsanga and narrate bhagvatha rasaanubhava katha sharavan
Krsna Book, Chapter 77
Bhaktivedanta Book Trust. Excerpted from text and purport of HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.